The Tarheel Balloon Festival is presented by the Barn at Lloyd's Dairy and the Meridian Community Foundation on an 800 acre farm at the merge of Interstates 40 and 85. The venue is located directly between Raleigh and Greensboro. The festival will help to raise funds for our new 37 acre park we're building near Gravelly Hill Middle School. The festival will feature hot air balloon rides, tethered balloon rides, morning and evening glow events, antique aircraft displays, paraglide airshow and all types of arts/ craft and food vendors. Ticket sales will open one month prior to the event. Our event will follow all current local Covid-19 guidelines to keep our vendors and visitors safe. (EVENT IS RAIN OR SHINE)
(subject to change, balloon flights throughout the day are weather dependent)
November 5th (Friday)
Vendor Village opens at 2:00pm
Military Aircraft Display open all day 2:00pm - dark
Afternoon Flights - 4:30pm
November 6th (Saturday)
Morning Flights - 8:00am (Cancellled due to weather)
Vendor Village opens at 8:00am
Morning Paraglide Air Show - 9:00am (Cancelled due to weather)
Military Aircraft Display open all day 8:00am- dark
Afternoon Flights - 4:30pm (Cancelled due to weather)
Glow Event - 6:30pm - 7:00pm (Cancelled due to weather)
November 7th (Sunday)
Morning Flights - 7:00 am (Cancelled due to weather)
Vendor Village opens at 7:00 am
Military Aircraft Display and event 7:00am - Noon
Note: Your daily tickets can be used any time that day. Once you have entered you can't reenter on the same ticket. For safety reasons balloon flights are subject to weather conditions.
Friday 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Saturday 7:00 am - 8:00pm
See more complete schedule on this site for more details
(Sunday Morning Flights and Paraglide Show cancelled due to weather safety concerns. Vendor Village and Helicopter Display still open toll Noon)
The Fair’s Map
227 North Lloyds Dairy Road
Efland, NC 27243
Get to know your way around the festival
Parking options are VIP parking onsite and off-site shuttle services for general ticket holders.
We will have a good variety of onsite food trucks, arts & craft and general merchandise vendors for your enjoyment.
We have two options for admission tickets:
* We offer VIP admission tickets which includes onsite parking for $25 (which includes everyone in a standard 4-6 person vehicle). Admission for larger vehicles need to contact us direct at email@example.com.
* The other option for admission tickets is for general admission at $10 per person and this parking will be offsite and shuttled in throughout the days last bus leaves at 8:45.
* Due to weather conditions balloon flights will be sold closer to the event.
* Due to weather conditions tethered balloon rides will only be sold onsite.
* No tickets are refundable after 10:00am on October 23rd, 2021.